Are you tired of exhausting your arms while paddling during your fishing expeditions? Maybe it’s time to grab a pedal-powered kayak and enjoy a hands-free fishing experience. In this blog post, we’ll recommend the best fishing kayaks with pedals on the market. Let’s dive in:
Level up your fishing game with the best fishing drone from our latest review.
What Are The Best Fishing Kayaks With Pedals?
1. Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 with 360 Drive
The Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 with 360 Drive is one of the best fishing kayaks with pedals. It is designed for stability, movability, and comfort.
It features a pedal drive system that allows for hands-free operation, as well as a 360-degree rotating seat that provides excellent visibility.
Here are some of the features, pros, and cons of this kayak:
- MirageDrive 360 pedal drive system for hands-free operation
- 360-degree rotating seat for excellent visibility
- Horizontal rod storage for easy access to fishing gear
- Dual-steering system for improved maneuverability
- Vantage seating for added comfort
- Tackle storage for convenience
- Fish finder mount for easy installation of electronics
Pros and Cons
|Excellent stability and maneuverability||Expensive compared to other fishing kayaks|
|Hands-free operation allows for greater focus on fishing||Heavy and difficult to transport|
|360-degree rotating seat provides excellent visibility||Large size may make it difficult to maneuver in tight spaces|
|Fishing-specific features make it easy to store and access gear|
|Comfortable seating for long fishing trips|
The Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 with 360 Drive is specifically designed for fishing. While it may be expensive and difficult to transport, its stability, agility, and fishing-specific features make it a top choice in our list.
2. Perception Pescador Pilot Sit-on-Top Fishing Kayak
Perception Pescador Pilot Sit-on-Top Fishing Kayak
The Perception Pescador Pilot Sit-on-Top Fishing Kayak is a high-end model that is popular among anglers and recreational paddlers.
Here are some of its features, pros, and cons:
- Sit-on-top design with a wide cockpit for easy entry and exit
- Excellent tracking and maneuverability on calm water
- Good storage options, including a dry storage well
- Comfortable seat
- Fish-ready features, such as rod holders and mounting points for accessories
- Durable and rigid hard-sided construction
Pros and Cons
|Solid top speed||No rudder|
|Lots of ways to customize||Lack of dry storage space|
|Good for calm coastal settings||Maneuverability suffers in rough water|
|Stable and easy to get in and out of|
|Comfortable seat for long paddles|
This is a great choice for recreational paddlers thanks to its durability and stability, good tracking and flexibility. However, it may not be the best choice if you need a lot of dry storage space or you frequently paddle in rough water.
3. Perception Crank Sit-on-Top Pedal Kayak
The Perception Crank 10 is a sit-on-top pedal kayak that is perfect for lakes, ponds, and calm coastal waters. So what makes the Perception Crank 10 stand out as one of the best fishing kayaks with pedals?
- Pedal Drive: The Perception Crank 10 has a pedal drive system that allows for effortless and efficient pedalling. This makes it easy to maneuver and control the kayak while fishing.
- Incredible Seating: The removable captain’s chair features on-the-fly front/back adjustment and breathable mesh for superior comfort and fit4. This makes it comfortable to sit in for long periods of time.
- Durable Material: Like most pedal kayaks, the Perception Crank 10 is made of polyethylene, which makes it almost indestructible. Even if you hit rocks or submerged tree branches, the kayak will not be damaged.
- Easy to Use: The Perception Crank 10 is an easy-to-use kayak that is perfect for beginners. It is fast and fun, and it is capable of going forward and backward with ease.
- Large Storage Capacity: The Perception Crank 10 has a large storage capacity that allows you to bring all of your fishing gear and supplies with you. It has a rear tankwell with bungee cords and a bow storage hatch with a removable liner.
- Adjustable Footrests: The kayak has adjustable footrests that can accommodate paddlers of different sizes. This feature ensures that you are comfortable while pedaling and fishing.
- Stable Design: The Perception Crank 10 has a stable design that makes it easy to stand up and fish. It has a flat deck and a wide beam that provides excellent stability on the water.
- Multiple Rod Holders: The kayak has multiple rod holders that allow you to bring several fishing rods with you1. It has two molded-in rod holders and two GearTrac accessory rails that can be used to mount additional rod holders or other accessories.
- Easy to Transport: The Perception Crank 10 is easy to transport, thanks to its lightweight design and comfortable carrying handles. It weighs only 87 pounds, which makes it easy to load onto a car roof rack or trailer.
Pros and Cons
|Perception Crank 10.0||Pros||Cons|
|Stability||The kayak is very stable, allowing experienced paddlers to stand and cast without feeling unstable. 1||The pedal drive system requires a few feet of water depth to use. 2|
|Pedal Drive System||The pedal system is suitable for both beginners and experienced paddlers because there are no learning curves or complicated usage instructions. 3||The pedal drive system requires maintenance and can be difficult to repair. 4|
|Design and Performance||The kayak combines innovative design with great performance, making it an easy-to-use, fast, and fun kayak, perfect for lakes and rivers. 5||The kayak is only 10 feet long, which may limit its speed and maneuverability in certain conditions. 4|
|Capacity||The kayak has a 350 lbs capacity, which is impressive for a 10-foot kayak. 4||The kayak is relatively heavy, weighing around 87 lbs, which may make it difficult to transport. 5|
|Price||The Perception Crank 10.0 is a relatively cheap pedal kayak, making it an affordable option for those looking for a pedal drive system. 6||The kayak’s low price may be reflected in its durability and quality of materials. 1|
The Perception Crank 10 is a versatile and feature-packed kayak that is perfect for fishing and recreational paddling. Its pedal drive system, comfortable seating, and stable design make it ideal for both beginners and experienced kayakers.
4. BKC PK13 Pedal Drive Fishing Kayak
The BKC PK13 Pedal Drive Fishing Kayak is a mid-range single sit-on-top pedal-driven fishing kayak that is designed and built for all-day comfort. Here are some of its features, pros, and cons:
- Strong yet lightweight 13-foot aluminum frame
- Ergonomic seat with heavily padded adjustable backrest
- Three handy molded-in rod holders
- Large watertight storage hatch in the bow
- Rear cargo area with bungees
- Hand-operated rudder system
- Foot-operated pedal drive system with instant reverse
Pros and Cons
|Ample storage for multiple-day adventures||Not as fast as some other pedal-driven kayaks|
|Stable and easy to maneuver||Some users have reported issues with the pedal drive system|
|Tracks well through the water||May be too heavy for some users to transport|
|Comfortable and adjustable seat|
|Pedal drive system allows for hands-free fishing|
A comfortable and stable kayak with ample storage and a hands-free pedal drive system. However, it may not be the fastest kayak but
its stability and ease of use make it a great choice for the best fishing kayaks with pedals.
5. Wilderness Systems Recon 120 Premium Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak
The Wilderness Systems Recon 120 Premium Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak is a feature-rich and tournament-ready kayak.
- Recon hull design that makes it stable and easy to maneuver
- Large storage hatch at the bow for storing gear
- Midship side pockets and tackle box recesses for additional storage
- Under-seat area for more gear storage
- Highly adjustable seat for all-day comfort
- S.M.A.R.T. hull technology for improved tracking and stability
Pros and Cons
|Stable and easy to maneuver, even in rough waters||At 12 feet long, it may be difficult to transport and store for some users|
|Plenty of storage options for all your fishing gear, including a large storage hatch at the bow and midship side pockets||It is a bit heavy, weighing in at around 85 pounds, which may make it difficult to carry for some users|
|Comfortable seat that can be adjusted to fit your needs|
|Tournament-ready rigging for serious anglers|
|S.M.A.R.T. hull technology that improves tracking and stability|
This is a feature-rich and tournament-ready kayak that is stable, comfortable, and easy to maneuver.
6. BKC PK11 Angler 10.5-foot Sit-On-Top Single Fishing Kayak
The BKC PK11 Angler 10.5-foot Sit On Top Single Fishing Kayak is another popular choice for fishing enthusiasts. Let’s discuss what qualifies it for the best fishing kayaks with pedals.
- 10.5-foot Sit-On-Top Single Fishing Kayak
- Built-in trolling motor
- Upright aluminum seat
- Green camo design
- Flush-mounted rod holders
- Hand control rudder
- Pedal drive with instant reverse
- Streamlined roto-molded UV-protected HDPE hull
Pros and Cons
|Motorized feature allows for hands-free fishing||Motorized feature may not be allowed in certain fishing areas|
|Upright aluminum seat provides comfort and support||Trolling motor may not be as powerful as other motorized kayaks|
|Pedal drive with instant reverse allows for effortless propulsion||Aluminum seat may not be as comfortable as padded seats|
|Hand control rudder provides easy maneuverability|
|Flush-mounted rod holders allow for easy access to fishing lines|
|Streamlined hull provides superior stability and speed|
This is a great kayak if you are looking for a motorized fishing kayak with a comfortable seat and ease of use. However, it may not be suitable for all fishing areas and the aluminum seat may not be as comfortable as other padded seats.
7. Old Town Sportsman Pdl 106 Angler Pedal Kayak
The Old Town Sportsman PDL 106 Angler Pedal Kayak is one of the best fishing kayaks with pedals.
The kayak features a stable, quiet pontoon-style hull and an easy-to-use forward/reverse pedal drive, making it comfortable and convenient to use.
- Hands-free fishing with the pedal drive system
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Comfortable and adjustable seat with lumbar support
- Plenty of storage options, including a large stern tank well and a front hatch
- Comes with accessory tracks for customization
- Can be used in rivers and other calm waters
Pros and Cons
|The pedal drive system allows for efficient and effortless movement, leaving your hands free for fishing||The kayak is not suitable for rough waters or whitewater kayaking|
|The adjustable seat provides great lumbar support and can be customized to fit your leg length||The price point may be higher than other fishing kayaks on the market|
|The kayak is lightweight and easy to transport, making it great for car topping||The pedal drive system may take some getting used to for those who are used to paddling with a traditional kayak paddle|
|The ample storage options allow you to bring all the gear you need for a day of fishing|
|The accessory tracks provide plenty of customization options for your gear and accessories|
The Old Town Sportsman Pdl 106 Angler Pedal Kayak is good for a hands-free fishing experience. Its lightweight design, comfortable seat, and ample storage options make it a great fishing kayak. However, it may not be suitable for rough waters or if you are on a tight budget.
8. BKC PK14 Angler 14-foot Sit On Top Tandem Pedal Fishing Kayak
The BKC PK14 Angler 14-foot Sit On Top Tandem Pedal Fishing Kayak is a top-of-the-line kayak with a hands-free propulsion system, instant reverse pedal drive, hand control rudder, paddle, and upright seat.
It offers maximum comfort and efficiency, making it perfect if you want to navigate easily while fishing. It comes with excellent stability and speed.
- 14 feet long
- Tandem sit-on-top design
- Pedal-driven with instant reverse pedal drive
- Hand control rudder
- Comes with a paddle and upright seat
- Gray camo color
Pros and Cons
|Pedal drive allows for hands-free fishing and greater speed and efficiency||Expensive, priced above $2,300|
|Instant reverse pedal drive makes it easy to maneuver||Large size may make it difficult to transport and store for some users|
|Hand control rudder allows for easy steering|
|Comes with a paddle and upright seat for added convenience and comfort|
|Tandem design allows for fishing with a partner|
|Stable and durable design|
Overall, the BKC PK14 Angler 14-foot is a high-quality fishing kayak with paddles. Its pedal-driven design and hand control rudder makes it easy to direct, while its tandem design and included paddle and upright seat make it a convenient and comfortable choice for fishing with a partner. However, it’s high price and large size may be a disadvantage.
9. The BOTE Lono Aero Inflatable Kayak
This is a versatile and durable fishing kayak with paddles that is suitable for family outings, multiday expeditions, and fishing trips.
Its trendy design and impressive build by Aerotech construction makes it a comfortable and stable option for outdoor activities. Here is why it ranks among the best fishing kayaks with pedals:
- Trendy design and impressive build thanks to the Aerotech construction
- Removable center fin for improved tracking
- Removable top weight for easy transport and storage
- Four independent chambers for stability and durability
- Elevated seat for improved comfort and performance
Pros and Cons
|Easy to use and transport||Not as efficient as a hardbody boat|
|Versatile for fishing, family outings, and multiday expeditions||Higher price point compared to some other models|
|Comfortable elevated seat|
|Stable and durable construction|
|Removable center fin for improved tracking|
This is a good investment for a high-quality and feature-rich inflatable kayak. It is a versatile and durable kayak. Additionally, its trendy design, removable centre fin, and elevated seat make it a comfortable and stable option for fishing and other outdoor activities. However, it may be fairly expensive and may not be as efficient as a hardbody boat.
10. BKC RA220 11.5-foot Sit on Top Single Angler Fishing Kayak
The BKC RA220 11.5-foot Sit on Top Single Angler Fishing Kayak is built with high-quality polyethylene, making it durable and affordable. It has a 450-pound capacity, which is perfect for carrying all your fishing gear and supplies.
The RA220 features ample watertight storage space and a large cargo area. Let’s have a look at its features, pros and cons.
The BKC RA220 kayak has the following features:
- Built from high-quality polyethylene, making it durable and affordable.
- 450-pound capacity, perfect for carrying all your fishing gear and supplies.
- Ample watertight storage space and a large cargo area.
- Upright aluminum seat and foot-controlled rudder system included.
- Multiple drain ports.
Pros and Cons
|Durable and affordable||May not be suitable for advanced paddlers|
|Large cargo area and watertight storage space||May not be as fast as some other kayaks|
|Upright aluminum seat and foot-controlled rudder system included||May be heavier than some other kayaks|
With its ample storage space, upright aluminum seat, and foot-controlled rudder system, this kayak is perfect for multi-day fishing trips. While it may not be as fast,, its durability and affordability make it a great choice for the best fishing kayaks with pedals.
11. The BKC PK12 Angler 12-foot Sit On Top Single Fishing Kayak
The BKC PK12 Angler 12-foot Sit On Top Single Fishing Kayak is one of the best fishing kayaks with pedals. It has a grey camo design and a 12-foot length, making it stylish and stable.
Additionally, the kayak features an instant reverse pedal drive, hand control rudder, and an upright seat for comfort during long fishing trips.
- Instant reverse pedal drive
- Hand control rudder
- Upright seat
- Gray camo design
- 12-foot length
- Single propeller pedal drive
- Rudder system
- Aluminum frame seat
- Foot-operated kayak
Pros and Cons
|Instant reverse pedal drive makes it easy to maneuver in tight spaces and change direction quickly||Some users may find the kayak heavy and difficult to transport|
|Hand control rudder allows for precise steering and control||The kayak may not be suitable for very tall or heavy users|
|Upright seat provides good back support and comfort for long fishing trips||The paddle may not be of the highest quality|
|Gray camo design is stylish and blends in well with natural surroundings|
|12-foot length provides good stability and tracking|
|Single propeller pedal drive and rudder system make it easy to navigate through different water conditions|
|Aluminum frame seat is durable and lightweight|
|Foot-operated kayak allows for hands-free fishing|
The BKC PK12 Angler 12-foot Sit On Top Single Fishing Kayak is a great paddle with instant reverse pedal drive, hand control rudder, and upright seat that make it a comfortable and easy-to-use kayak for fishing trips. However, it may not be suitable for very tall or heavy users, and the paddle may not be of the highest quality.
12. Mirage Outback
The Hobie Mirage Outback is a highly regarded fishing kayak with pedals. It features the MirageDrive 180 technology for hands-free propulsion, a comfortable Vantage CTW seat with adjustable height and recline, a large rectangular hatch with pivoting tackle management system, two-rod holders, and H-Track accessory mounts for customization.
It is 12’1″ long and 33″ wide, providing a good balance of speed and stability. Have a look at this 2-years review of the kayak:
- Pedal-powered kayak with MirageDrive 180 technology for hands-free propulsion
- Vantage CTW seat with adjustable height and recline for comfort during long fishing trips
- Large rectangular hatch with pivoting tackle management system for easy access to gear
- Two rod holders and H-Track accessory mounts for customization
- 12’1″ length and 33″ width for a good balance of speed and stability
Pros and Cons
|Pedal-powered system allows for hands-free fishing and greater maneuverability||Offers little protection from the elements, so waves and rain can get you wet|
|Comfortable and adjustable seat for long fishing trips||Does not have as many features as some of the more expensive models|
|Large hatch and tackle management system make it easy to access gear||Considerably expensive compared to other fishing kayaks|
|Multiple rod holders and accessory mounts for customization||Heavy and difficult to transport on your own|
The Hobie Mirage Outback is a solid choice for a high-quality fishing kayak with paddles. Its pedal-powered system, comfortable seat, and customizable features make it a perfect option for long fishing trips. However, its lack of protection from the elements and high price point may be a drawback. Generally, the Hobie Mirage Outback is definitely worth considering.
13. Mirage Revolution 13
The Hobie Mirage Revolution 13 is a popular fishing kayak with pedals that is built for speed and performance. It is perfect for recreational use or fishing on any body of water.
- Forward and reverse
- Retractable rudder
- Flip-up fins for shallow water
- Elevated seat
- Lightweight compared to other pedal yaks
- Built for speed and performance
- Stable design
Pros and Cons
|Insane versatility with a myriad of features||Expensive compared to other fishing kayaks|
|Smooth and stable kayak||Doesn’t have many custom features outside of a pair of rod holders|
|Capable of taking on boisterous water||May not be suitable for beginners due to its speed and performance-focused design|
|Plenty stable for fishing sitting down|
|Built for speed and performance|
|Elevated seat for comfortable fishing|
|Flip-up fins for shallow water|
|Retractable rudder for easy maneuvering|
The Hobie Mirage Revolution 13 is fast and stable. It has a stable design and is built for speed and performance. However, it may not be suitable for beginners due to its speed and performance-focused design. Additionally, it is more expensive compared to other fishing kayaks. Despite these cons, its features and performance make it one of the best fishing kayaks with pedals.
How to Choose the Best Fishing Kayak with Pedals
When choosing a fishing kayak with pedals, there are several factors to consider in addition to weight capacity, stability, and navigation. Some of these factors include:
- Speed vs. stability: Determine whether you value speed or stability more when choosing a pedal fishing kayak.
- Standing capability: Consider whether you want to be able to stand and fish in your kayak.
- Type of water: Consider the type of water you will be fishing in, such as calm lakes or rougher ocean waters.
- Length of kayak: The length of the kayak can affect its speed and maneuverability, so consider the length that will work best for your needs.
- Type of pedals: There are different types of pedals available, such as rotational pedals or push pedals, so consider which type will work best for you.
- Buoyancy: Look for a kayak with good buoyancy to ensure it can handle the weight of you and your gear.
- Gear storage: Consider the amount of gear storage available on the kayak, such as tankwells or hatches, to ensure you have enough space for your fishing equipment.
- Comfort: Look for a kayak with comfortable seating and foot pedals to ensure you can spend long hours on the water without discomfort.
- Maintenance: Consider the ease of maintenance for the kayak, such as how easy it is to clean and repair.
What are the General Features to Look Out for in Fishing Kayaks with Pedals?
When it comes to choosing the best fishing kayaks with pedals, there are several features that you should look for. These features can make your fishing experience more comfortable, efficient, and enjoyable. Here are some of the key features to consider:
Pedal Drive System
One of the most important features of a fishing kayak with pedals is the pedal drive system. The MirageDrive 360 pedal drive system is a popular option that allows you to pedal forward, backward, and even sideways. This system is efficient and easy to use, allowing you to cover more water in less time.
360-Degree Rotating Seat
Another important feature to consider is a 360-degree rotating seat. This allows you to easily change your position and face any direction without having to move the entire kayak. This is especially useful when you need to cast in different directions or when you need to access your tackle or gear.
Horizontal Rod Storage
Horizontal rod storage is another feature that can be useful for fishing kayaks with pedals. This allows you to store your rods horizontally, which can help prevent damage and make it easier to access your rods when you need them.
A dual-steering system is another feature that can be useful for fishing kayaks with pedals. This allows you to steer the kayak using either your hands or your feet, depending on your preference. This can be especially useful when you need to make quick turns or when you need to navigate through tight spaces.
Vantage seating is a feature that can make your fishing experience more comfortable. This type of seating is adjustable and can be customized to fit your body. It can also provide additional support and cushioning, which can help reduce fatigue and discomfort.
Tackle storage is another important feature to consider. This allows you to store your tackle and gear within easy reach, which can help you stay organized and efficient while fishing.
Fish Finder Mount
Finally, a fish finder mount can be a useful feature for fishing kayaks with pedals. This allows you to mount a fish finder to your kayak, which can help you locate fish and improve your chances of catching them.
Overall, when choosing a fishing kayak with pedals, it’s important to consider these key features. By doing so, you can find a kayak that meets your needs and helps you enjoy your fishing experience to the fullest.
What are the General Pros and Cons of Fishing Kayaks with Pedals?
If you are considering buying a fishing kayak with pedals, you may be wondering what the pros and cons are. Let’s have a look:
|Stability: Pedal kayaks tend to be more stable than traditional kayaks, which can be especially helpful when fishing in choppy waters or standing up to cast.||Price: Pedal kayaks tend to be more expensive than traditional kayaks, so they may not be the best option if you are on a tight budget.|
|Maneuverability: Pedal kayaks allow for more precise and quick maneuvering, which can be helpful when navigating around obstacles or changing fishing spots quickly.||Weight: Pedal kayaks can be heavier than traditional kayaks, which can make them more difficult to transport and launch.|
|Hands-free operation: With pedals, you can use your hands to fish, adjust your gear, or take photos without having to worry about paddling.||Size: Pedal kayaks can be larger than traditional kayaks, which can make them more difficult to store and transport.|
|Visibility: Sitting higher up in a pedal kayak can give you better visibility of the water and potential fish below.||Learning curve: Using pedals to operate your kayak can take some getting used to, especially if you are used to paddling.|
|Comfort: Pedaling can be less strenuous on your body than paddling, which can be especially helpful if you plan to spend long hours on the water.|
|Faster: Pedal kayaks can be faster than traditional kayaks, which can help you cover more ground and get to your fishing spot faster.|
The Best Fishing Kayaks With Pedals in a Nutshell
In conclusion, choosing the best fishing kayaks with pedals requires careful consideration of various factors such as stability, speed, steering, comfort, weight and size of the kayak. The kayaks listed in this article are some of the best options available in 2023, but ultimately, the choice comes down to your personal preferences and needs.
Frequently Questions About the Best Fishing Kayaks with Pedals Answered
Q: What are the best fishing kayaks with pedals for the money?
Some of the best fishing kayaks with pedals for the money include the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12, Hobie Pro Angler 14, Vibe Kayaks, Old Town Canoe Sportsman 120, Hobie Mirage Revolution 11, Brooklyn Kayak Co. PK13, Hobie Mirage Compass Duo, Hobie Mirage Compass.
Q: Where can I find pedal kayaks for sale?
Pedal kayaks for sale can be found at various retailers such as West Marine, Bass Pro Shops, and Amazon.
Q: What is the best 2 person fishing kayak with pedals?
The BKC PK14 Angler is a 14-foot sit-on-top tandem pedal fishing kayak that is highly rated for its instant reverse pedal drive, hand control rudder, and upright seat.
Q: Are there any pedal drive kayaks under $1000?
Yes, Pelican The Catch 100, Vibe, Wilderness Systems, Native Watercraft, Old Town, Bonafide Kayaks, NuCanoe, Perception, Kaku Kayak, Sea Eagle, Advanced Elements, Feelfree, Sun Dolphin, StraitEdge Angler from Advanced Elements, Stealth Pro Fisherman 118 from Lifetime, Riot Kayaks’ Escape 12 Angler, RA220 from BKC.
Q: What is the best hobie fishing kayak with pedals?
The Perception Pescador Pilot Sit-on-Top Fishing Kayak, Perception Crank Sit-on-Top Pedal Kayak, and BKC PK13 Pedal Drive Fishing Kayak are some of the best hobie fishing kayaks with pedals .